Emergency Responder Credential Verification
Emergency Responder Credential
WHAT’S THE PROBLEM?
There is currently no fast, reliable way for checkpoint personnel to verify whether emergency responders are cleared to enter restricted areas. Checkpoint personnel must also be able to detect the use of fraudulent or unwarranted credentials. Only on-duty, appropriately trained personnel should gain access to restricted areas.
USE CASE FLOW
Veres solutions are applicable to all emergency responders, including law enforcement, emergency medical services, and the National Guard. The following example pertains to fire rescue.
2) The fire station uploads non-personally identifiable information, such as badge ID and training qualifications, from the digital ID card to the blockchain.
3) The firefighter responds to a fire and provides their ID number (either in digital or physical form) to a security guard before entering a restricted area. The security guard uses a mobile device to check the blockchain for the firefighter’s credential and training.
4) If the security guard’s mobile device returns a “VALID” response from the blockchain, the firefighter is authorized to access the area.
WHY CHOOSE VERES
- Check credentials anywhere, anytime — even offline
- Reduce human error through automated digital credential verification
- Avoid vendor lock-in; Veres technology is based on open international W3C standards
SAFE & SECURE
- Prevent credential forgery with advanced cryptography
- Store and audit immutable data using blockchain technology
- Streamline check-in process
- Reduce unauthorized access through robust credential verification
- Reduce cyber threats; only non-personally identifiable information is stored on the blockchain
- Create custom rules for accessing digital resources
- Target messaging based on specific training credentials within a defined radius
The data on the digital ID card is made tamper-proof through the use of advanced cryptography.
BENEFITS OF BLOCKCHAIN
-Resiliant to attacks
-Tamper-proof and auditable
-Can be accessed offline
BENEFITS OF VERES LEDGER
- Optimized for each use case
- Configurable consensus authorization
- Public/Private access
- Flexible data storage