WHAT’S THE PROBLEM?
Handwritten prescriptions can be easily forged. Existing digital prescriptions solutions rely on intermediaries between the physician and the pharmacy. They also require a single pharmacy be designated to fill the prescription and don’t enable real-time checking of physician licenses.
Pharmacies can face major fines for filling forged prescriptions or prescriptions written by physicians with an expired license.
USE CASE FLOW
1) A medical board issues a digital license to a physician. The physician stores the digital license in their digital wallet.
2) The medical board registers the physician license on that physician license blockchain with the status “valid”.
3) The physician issues a digital prescription to a patient’s digital wallet.
4) The patient presents the digital prescription to the pharmacy. The pharmacy verifies the authenticity of the digital prescription.
5) The pharmacy verifies that the physician issuing the prescription has a license that is up to date.
4) The pharmacy distributes the medication to the patient.
WHY CHOOSE VERES
Patient-physician relationship is preserved by protecting patient data
Up to the second verification of physician licenses
Eliminates fines and reduces physician license checking fees
No App Required
Access your data using a standard Web browser; no app install necessary
No Vendor Lock-in
Built on open, international W3C standards
Prescriptions can be accurately verified by any pharmacy
The data on a digital prescription is made tamper-proof through the use of advanced cryptography.
BENEFITS OF BLOCKCHAIN
-Resilient to attacks
-Tamper-proof and auditable
-Can be accessed offline
BENEFITS OF VERES LEDGER
-Optimized for each use case
-Configurable consensus authorization
-Flexible data storage